Monday, January 26, 2009

Uni prep starts

As January draws to a close, I'm starting to crank the Uni gear up a notch. I've figured out what events I'll attend at orientation week and read all the brochures about campus life and how not to plagiarise other peoples or your own work.

I don't know if I've told you yet, but within Second Life I've become involved with the official Curtin Uni site. I have volunteered to take on a active role within the sim. Whether this will involve helping new people to second life settle in or become an ambassador, I honestly don't know. It's early days yet, I do know one thing I'll be apart of the official launch.

Over all I'm looking forward to what lays ahead of me, and have even thought that my direction of becoming an archivist may just change into becoming more involved with virtual worlds and the educational potential that they can achieve.

If it wasn't for Uni I properly would have become more involved with a SL show called "Life Online" It is a magazine/talk show about all aspects of living our lives online, be it second life or simply buying something from ebay. I was at least able to get involved with the program in a small way by being in the opening credits. Here is a link the the official web page where you can view the episodes online. http://life-on-line.ning.com/

ttfn
Katisha

No comments: